We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

NH
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

Hello,

This may be a really silly question, but I am choosing my seats for our train Rome-Florence and back and I'm trying to pick two seats together. I've never been on a train before so I'm trying to understand the seat configuration.

For Business Class on the Frecciarossa, does one side have two seats facing each other with a table in between? Or is that grey line a wall?! Can someone explain how I look at the little seating chart?! I'm a little crazy about picking particular seats and I definitely want to be with my companion on the trip.

Thanks for your help!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

The grey line represents a table.

Don't waste your money on Business class. The cheapest class is just fine for such a short journey.

If you let the system allocate seats, you will be together.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

Every time we purchased a first or business-class seat, we ended up needing to evict a seat jumper. Regular class not an issue.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

I booked our three seats together; so we had a quad seating arrangement Rome to Florence and return. Second class is just fine - it's a short trip; and when we went (10 days ago) the train was quite empty, so it would be easy to change seats if needed.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,295 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

The grey bar is a table - you can make out the seat armrests and seatback, it's just like looking at a photo of the seats taken from above.

2nd class (Standard) is absolutely fine, though a table for two in 1st (business) class is nice if you get a good price or if the extra cost is no big deal for you.

Here's another plan: …dropboxusercontent.com/u/30006269/trainseat… (ETR500, used Naples-Rome-Florence-Milan-Turin)

or …dropboxusercontent.com/u/30006269/trainseat… (ETR600) or …dropboxusercontent.com/u/30006269/trainseat… (ETR610).

ETR600/610 are used on the Rome-Florence-Venice route.

5. Re: Train Seat Choice (Rome-Florence)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 06:21