We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
585 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

Grateful for any feedback from people familiar with one or both of these places. They both seem to have availability for our desired dates. Price would be slightly better at Mozart, as the price quoted includes breakfast. Also, Mozart would be an actual bedroom as opposed to a loft bed at Ripetta. That said, I was kind of already getting comfortable with staying at Ripetta, until Mozart confirmed availability.

Are the locations comparable? We enjoy walking and would otherwise be likely to rely only on public transport. My sense is that both places may be comparable in this regard, though I really don't know. Also, any input on how the neighborhoods differ would be really helpful. Ideally, we will have some meals in occasionally, so any nearby food (and wine) shops would be a plus, especially those with more "gourmet-type" offerings but on a prepared basis as we won't plan on any major cooking.

Thank you!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

It would help if you post links.

Donna

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

I've stayed in the Mozart many years ago, and it was a nice place with very friendly staff. The Ripetta is in a close-by location, and both are in the "Trident" area which forms a point at Piazza del Popolo, and includes the Spanish Steps and the Corso. There are metro stops at Piazza del Popolo and at the Spanish Steps, and the mini electric bus systems runs through the neighborhood. Also, easy to find taxis.

This is our neighborhood near the Spanish Steps, and we love it (although understandably a little biased since our second home is there). Lots of restaurants, wine bars, cafes, and great window shopping! Terrific food at very reasonable prices at Palatium, Via Frattina, 94, a wine bar that showcases the food and wine of the Lazio region; we also head to Al 34, Via Mario Dè Fiori, 34, a typical busy little trattoria popular with locals and visitors alike. For gelato, look no further than Fatamorgana, Via Laurina 10. For a splurge dinner, I'd check out All'Oro, http://www.ristorantealloro.it (and if it is nice weather, their rooftop bar as well!)

Hope this helps!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
585 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

Spanish Steps, your post is incredibly helpful -- thank you so much. We also really appreciate the suggestions for local dining spots. I love the idea of a nearby wine bar showcasing local food and wine; we will definitely need to check that out!

dbabe, sorry for not posting the hotel links earlier. Please find them below:

…ripetta25.it/Homepage/…Default.aspx

hotelmozart.com/en/home.htm#EliteApartments

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

Both hotels are in the same area and both are near lots of shopping and restaurants. You'll find it easy to walk to most sites from there and it's easy for you to catch the metro at the spagna stop. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in either location. I don't know how you're going to choose because they both look like great hotels.

donna

5. Re: Ripetta 25 or Hotel Mozart ("Elite Apartment")

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:18