We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

Hi Guys

I am looking for a Hotel to book for next October that is very central to the spanish steps, colloseum, pantheum etc or literally a 2 minute walk away.

I have visted before but stayed too far away. I am looking for a very nice hotel for me and my partner to stay - Preferably 4/5 star that would not cost through the roof - I am looking to stay for around 4/5 Nights. Ideally romantic, classy with the cost not bypassing £400 Per Person (Excluding Flights)

Thanks in advance guys! Your help will go a long way :D

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

How can any one hotel be 2 minutes from the Pantheon as well as 2 minutes from the Colosseum? Obviously, not possible to be two minutes away from nearly anything unless you are across the street from a site.

Check www.venere.com - you can sort there by budget - look in the areas you mentioned. I have zero idea what your euros budget is since you posted your budget in pounds.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

Sorry, but you won't find any hotel that is close to all the sites. Not even the hotels in the city center are close to more than 3 or 4 sites and certainly not 2 minutes from more than one.

I suggest picking the area that has the most sites you wish to see and booking a hotel there. You can always walk, take public transport or a taxi to any of the other sites.

Also, 400 per person for 5 days won't get you a 4/5 star hotel. You'll either need to raise your budget or lower your expectations.

Donna

donna

Edited: 09 September 2013, 19:23
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

You will definitely need to up your budget for a central hotel. check out this price comparison website to get an idea of what's available for your budget.

www.hotelscombined.com

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

Don't pay much attention to the number of stars, especially in the lower price range. I've seen some low budget four-star hotels in Rome that were much worse than a nice two-star hotel. I use www.booking.com as well as www.venere.com (mentioned above). Both sites have guest ratings and reviews, which are much more reliable than the number of stars. A very nice hotel in the center of Rome will cost from €150 per night and up.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,113 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

400gbp is about E 475 so you really are aiming at about E100/night and that is not a central nor luxurious hotel. You could consider a B&B which are far more like a tiny hotel in Italy. Often the owner does not live on the premises but it has fewer desk services than an hotel.

We stayed here and liked it and it is certainly central but more expensive

http://www.alsenato.it/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

OP said 400gbp per person, I assume OP meant per night?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

I assumed that budget is total for the full stay per person given that the OP says it doesn't include flights. I didn't get the impression the OP meant each person would spend that much each night for lodging, but perhaps the OP will come back and clarify.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

It's confusing, usually when people talk about lodging they express the price per night.

A 4 or 5 star hotel in the center of Rome for that price total for all 4 nights is unrealistic.

As Bvlenci suggests, don't go by # of stars. Go by reviews. Try venere.com as someone suggested.

Also, try the hotel Cesari, which I have never stayed in,(my friends have) seems to get favorable reviews and is in the smack center of the center. From what I understand it's a good value.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
9,883 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

I think the Brits price their holidays in totals ... as if booking a package. That price will be per person for the 4/5 nights. So if a couple it's 800pounds ... around 200 per night or 235 euros ... however some clarification would be good.

10. Re: Looking for a 4/5* Hotel - Must be right in the centre Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:24