We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester Uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments

Hey

5 of us travelling to Rome for 3 nights, loads of apartments online anyone recommend any 2 bed ones in a safe place?

Thanks for any help

Laura

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,182 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments

I can't recommend specific apartments but have always found www.sleepinitaly.com reliable and the apartments as promised. You can search their website by area, number of bedrooms, price etc.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments

Hi Laura, Rome is a very safe city. I would recommend the areas around Piazza Navona, Campo Dei Fiori, the Pantheon, Piazza Barbarini and the Spanish Steps for convenience of walking to the major sites. These areas tend to have a lot of foot traffic at night which makes me feel safe walking around. I am not a fan of the Termini area which is just my preference. The area is a little more sketchy being that I am a female traveler. The Vatican area is a safe quiet area and is recommended if your main interest is in the Vatican. It is a bit too quiet for me though. I like a bit more nightlife. I stayed in a wonderful 3 bedroom penthouse two level through VRBO on Via Labianca last year. It is near the Colosseum and has a rooftop terrace with a great view of the Colosseum. I found it a bit far from my favorite haunts, but if you are interested PC me and I will give you the name of it. Have a great vacation.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
848 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments

Ditto Sleepinitaly.com. We've only stayed in an apartment once but rented it through sleepinitaly and were happy with their service and with the fact that the apartment was as advertised.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
353 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments

Be sure and inquire if the apartment is over a restaurant or bar. On our first trip to Rome we had a great apartment but on Friday and Saturday night it was too loud to sleep until 3:00am.

5. Re: Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:17