We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Hello there, I was just wondering what is the best way to get from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel? If someone is aware of a bus number or metro line they think would be the easiest way to get there? We don't mind paying for a taxi either if someone knows a rough figure of how much it may cost...

Many thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,055 reviews
from US$77.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$416.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,846 reviews
from US$125.00*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,644 reviews
from US$58.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,806 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Address of hotel? Or link to the hotel?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Hi Beth

Just found this. I will be doing the same next week. I am planning to either take the metro from Terminii to Lepanto station on line A and walk for 8 mins to the hotel. Or I may get off the train at San Pietro which is closer to the hotel and walk 5 mins to Gregorio Settimo, get on bus 982 to Sforxa Pallavicini then walk 10 mins to hotel. I've got directions and map from Google maps. Or, might just jump in a taxi. Looks easiest. Fare about 10 euros according to worldtaximeters.com. Good luck. If you've already done it, would appreciate any feedback.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Definitely a taxi. We've used taxis to go all over Rome and never paid more than 10E. Yes, you could do a bus, and walk, but if you've got any luggage it will be the best 10E you spend on your trip. I have stayed at that hotel, and don't remember any close bus stops.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Thanks, that's very helpful advice. I'll be with my daughter and we'll both have luggage. That's now one less thing to sort out!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,806 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Be sure to exit the train station and head to your left to the official taxi rank; do not accept any rides from "taxi" drivers who solicit you either inside or outside the station - they are not the official ones.

I always just check to be sure the meter is on -

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Considering that the hotel is over by the Vatican, I would think 15 euros would be a closer estimate for cab fare. But definitely do a taxi, esp. with luggage.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

Thanks everyone

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

There's another official taxi rank at Termini, right in front of the station's entrance. You can't miss it.

9. Re: Best way from Rome termini to Visconti palace hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:16