We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

I still haven't found an apartment. I have had several email me back on prices but when I use Google Street Map I don't see what I am looking for. When we were in Paris and we stepped out our door, we were surrounded by shops, restaurants and people. We would walk across the street every evening had have a glass of wine before heading to bed.

Has anyone stayed somewhere like this? There will be a total of 10 of us. (the elderly lady will not be joining us)

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

Could you do two apartments in the same building? If so the Rezidensia Giubonnaro in the Campo di Fiori would be great. Multiple apartments in the same building that also has a small elevator. We stayed in The pink apartment that sleeps 8. There are four others of varying sizes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

That's a lot of people - I would think you would need 3 bathrooms at least - I would also suggest you look at renting two apartments to make it easier to find - there are countless places in Rome to stay where you can do as you describe. I stayed at such an apartment in December for a few weeks that had great bars/cafes right out the door (it is too small for your needs) - I rented through AirB&B and had a good experience - thankfully, I had great people who were renting it out so no worries at all.

I would check the one mentioned above by Bogwoppit - if they have availability it is in just such a location.

on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

Thank you so much for suggestions! 2 apartments would be great. One place I requested a rate from had that but it was down the street and it wasn't the location I was looking for.

Keep suggestions coming please.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

here is a list of apts at AC Accomodation where 10 people can stay

rome-accommodation.net/apartments-rome.xhtml…

I never travel with a group this large so I cannot say anything about these apts. I have rented from this agency times myself.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

I found with 7 in our group two bathrooms was totally necessary, in two apartments we had three bathrooms for the group and it was certainly way better. I agree that three bathrooms would be the minimum number, bearing in mind Italian plumbing and electricity are not like north American plumbing and electricity. You can run out of water and it can take a while for it to warm up.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

I think your question has been answered in your previous post. If you stay near Piazza Navona, Campo de Fiori, or Trastevere you'll be surrounded by an avalanche of shops, restaurants and cafes. Residenza Giubbonari is a great suggestion. It's one building with several apartments.

Rome is not like Paris. Not sure what streets you were looking at on google maps, but just because you didn't see shops, doesn't mean they are not right around the corner.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k65999…

on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

In the above post of mine I asked what area to stay in, I didn't ask if anyone had any suggestions of large apartments. that's why I posted another question...which was very nicely answered.

I have sent an inquiry to Residenza Giubbonari for the rates. it was just what I was looking for! Thank you for suggesting it! bogwoppit!! I loved it! Also, thank you Lupaling...I have sent a request to romeaccomodations also.

Also... the apartments I have looked at on Goggle Maps didn't have anything around them but scooters/motorcycles and cars. and I did "walk" the little man down all streets and turned corners. I'm very adept at google maps.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

It seems as though you are trying to find an exact replica of Paris. I was just trying to suggest that as long as you stay in one of the 3 areas that I mentioned, it won't matter exactly what street you are on, you will only be 2-5 minutes from all the action.

Unfortunately, the historic center of Rome is jam packed with scooters, motorcycles and cars as well as wall to wall people.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

Just finding ANY accommodation for ten people must be a nightmare ....

waytostay.com/rome-apartments/…

on the lake
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Still Looking for Large Group Apartment

Able... it is a nightmare. Plus just getting the group together to agree on something is tough too.

thank you for your suggestion!