We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need bank machine help

Canada
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Topic
Need bank machine help

Hi. We were trying to take money from a bank machine. We need the plus symbol. We tried on via nationale near via Milano. When we inserted our card it wanted to do a cash advance and not a withdrawal. That was the only option given with our card. Can you suggest a better machine in the area of Cavour or nationale. Or is the cash advance the only option at machines here as we are using our bank card.

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,441 Reviews
from US$82.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$411.00*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,824 Reviews
from US$60.50*
US$67.20
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,919 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Maryland
Level Contributor
439 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need bank machine help

I used several machines that said "Cash Advance" instead of withdrawal. It came out of my account as a withdrawal and the machine even said withdrawal at one point after I had selected cash advance. I think it just isn't translated very well.

United States
Level Contributor
9,881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need bank machine help

Yes, it is just the translation. It will be a regular withdrawal.

TAB

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need bank machine help

Agree with above replies. I do "cash advances" all the time. No worries...there will be no additional fees (as I think this is what you are thinking and worried about?- as is typical in the US when you do a cash advance). This is just a normal ATM withdrawal.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need bank machine help

Thanks. Yes was worried about fees. We have the new bank cards that will work with visa but still takes money out of the account so was worried it wanted to do something different.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,134 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need bank machine help

If you have only one bank account associated with the card, money will be taken from that account.

If you have more than one account associated with the card (maybe a checking and a credit account), the money will be taken from whichever account has been designated by your bank as the 'primary" account on the card.

6. Re: Need bank machine help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:18