We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Sena website doesn't allow you to purchase bus tickets online using credit card unless your Nationality is from one of the European nations. It does give you an option to purchase and then pick up your tickets from a Sisal location. Can someone please provide a little more information on this process and where you could find a convenient Sisal location at or near the Rome airport or the bus terminal? Trying to get from Rome to Siena in October. Thanks in advance.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Sisal terminals are found in many tobacco shops and bars. You'll usually see a sign advertising the Lotto tickets also sold at Sisal locations, such as SuperEnaLotto. I don't know if there is such a bar at the airport.

The buses leave from Tiburtina bus station, where you can find a ticket window for Sena buses. In any case, it might bemore convenient to take the train.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

From Rome to Siena, I would opt for taking the bus from the Tiburtina bus depot. The bus takes you into Siena proper, whereas the Siena train station is too far from the city center to walk with (or without) luggage. You can get to the Tiburtina bus depot from Termini station by either subway (metro) or bus line 492.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Thank you for the responses. Yes, we prefer the bus as it's a 3 hour trip vs. 4 train and it stops a very short walk to our hotel.....not to mentione the advance tickets are 10 Euros. Reason I ask about Sisal locations is that was the only option for Americans to purchase online advance tickets. I did contact them directly and you can email them with the credit card info and they will email back the tickets.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

There's really not much advantage to buying the tickets in advance. It would save you a few minutes at the bus station, but that's all. I'm always reluctant to email credit card information.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 15:31
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Yes, I am reluctant as well to email credit card info. Purchasing 15 days in advance gives you a 15 Euro discount per ticket. However, if there are not any Sisal locations at the airport or Tiburtina bus depot, then we may as well purchase at the bus depot when we get there. Thanks again for the help.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Sisal store locator

sisal.it/online/Societa/Punti-Vendita-Sisal

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Hi, I am trying to do the same. What email did you use to contact them about sending your credit card info to get your tickets emailed back to you? Thanks!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

This is the email address that suggested emailing credit card info. We opted to buy tickets at the bus station vs. providing credit card info via email.

info@baltour.it

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

Ok great, thank you! A couple of other questions...would you recommend the bus? Do you know if tickets sell out?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sena Bus Tickets, Sisal Locations?

The bus trip is fine. It's a 3 hour trip that drops you off in the heart of Siena. To get to the bus station, you will need to take the train from the airport to Tiburtina (which is 45 minute train ride). Bus station is outside of the main train station (5 minute walk). You can buy tickets there...should be plenty of seats. Train travel, you would make 1 stop (Chiusi, I think) and the travel time is closer to 4 hours. Train also doesn't drop you off in Siena, but outside, so you would have to make arrangements to get to the city.

I'd recommend the bus, but others have recommended the train as well.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 14:51