We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel location question

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel location question

Hi everyone. I've narrowed down to 2 hotels and I'm not sure which is the better location for value. Although, the difference between the 2 hotels for 3 nights is about $55, so at this point I'm really interested on which is a better location fit.

Hotel Smeraldo is located close to the Pantheon and Campo di Fiori.

(tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d236151…)

Hotel Liricio is located closer to Termini

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d203220…

I'm planning to see some of the sights in Rome, but am also spending a lot of time just wandering the streets and checking out some more "local" things I've discovered.

Thanks for your input and advice!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel location question

I have stayed in either but purely because of location, I personally would choose Smeraldo - you will be right in the heart of the center - lively area, close to Piazza Navona and Trastevere, etc.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel location question

For the ease and ambiance of the location, I'd also go with Smeraldo.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,447 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel location question

I would choose Smeraldo also ... I don't know anyone who recommends wandering around the Termini area for "atmosphere". The Smeraldo is in a much more interesting part of the city.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel location question

Oops - I meant to say I have NOT stayed in either (first post)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel location question

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely going with Smeraldo!!! Appreciate all your help!!! Can't wait for my first trip to Rome!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel location question

I've stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo a couple of years ago, a great location and a nice little hotel. You made a good choice.

connecticut
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel location question

Walking and exploring is a great way to see Rome. I have traveled as a single traveler and Rome is on my list of favorite cities. The area near Campo de Fiori is close to the Jewish Ghetto as well full of cafes and shops. Comfortable shoes a must due to all the walking. Walking is duable to the Trevi, ( a bustling area of restaurants, shops.) walking distance to tomb of unknown soldier, ruins, etc. I took a cooking class in Rome and that was one of my guilty pleasures, something I would do again! You will have an amazing time!!

8. Re: Help with hotel location question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:20