We are leaving in a week for Rome.
Pretty booked days but are looking at needing to fit in a RUN as my partner is in training for half marathon and Marathon. Trying to decide where to run (and we have contacted jogginsight.com but also looking at just doing it on our own at Appian Way.
I have done some research and looked here : www.parcoappiaantica.it/en/testi.asp…
But still confusing.
She is the runner I am not. I would love to go with her and rent a bike (one reason to pick Appian Way) but is it really FAR away. And then the map is confusing on where we should go.
Would love suggestions and detailed questions below.
1. WE will be at the Colosseum/Forum on Sunday and seems like we would be closer if we went from there - correct (do I have my geography right). OR does it really matter.
2. If we do go from the colosseum - we finish our tour around 12:30 so we could head over then and she can just change to jogging clothes!
3. Best way to get there should we just take a taxi to make it easy.
4. How would I rent a bike and where. I see 4 places to rent them and they are in different areas.
5. Where would be the best place to start the run/bike ride. WE love scenery and interesting monuments.
Just an fyi on our other rome plans - should we blow off the Appian way and she can just run in the city.
Fri arrive 4pm - free night
Sat - 2:30 - 5:00 vatican tour (morning evening free)
Sun - Colosseum/Forum tour 8 - 12ish (afternoon and evening free)
Mon - all day to Pompeii
Tues - 9;30 to 1:00 market tour (afternoon and evening free)