We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning coffee & pastry

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning coffee & pastry

We are staying near Campo di Fiori and are early birds, especially on vacation. Is there a place open around 0600-0700 for a coffee and brioche anywhere nearby?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning coffee & pastry

It's probably too late for you now and possibly too far to walk but there is a little café called caffeteria dellemuratte just near the Trevi Fountain which was always open at 5am (I am a very early riser - even on vacation). It's on via delle muratte 85 - one of the main approaches to the Trevi Fountain. If you feel like an early walk tomorrow it may suit. I loved that hour of the day as there was not a soul at the Trevi Fountain except me, my friend and two carabinieri.

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning coffee & pastry

Not too late at all. We are on our way right now to catch an early flight tomorrow, Thursday, arriving Roma on Friday around 1100. Early Saturday morning works for us. Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning coffee & pastry

Oprah - I thought you were actually posting from Rome, lol! Hope you have a wonderful time - a coffee (espresso) from dellemuratte is only 80 cents standing at the bar and they have some really nice pastries as well. If you stand to drink your coffee you should pay no more than this in most places. Also, if you want to, ask them for a take-away cup and walk to the Trevi Fountain with your coffee - watch the sun come up and daylight wash over the fountain. It's blissfully quiet - just the sound of the water - and you'll probably not see it like this at other times as it's always so crowded.

4. Re: Early morning coffee & pastry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:18