We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel from Rome to Sorrento Rount trip

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to travel from Rome to Sorrento Rount trip

Hello, I need to book some form of travel from Rome to Sorrento and then back to Rome over the span of a week. Hotels are already booked in each city, so we just need to arrive! :-) I do speak some Italian and have been to each city many times, but I have always flown. My husband and I want the journey this time. We'll have luggage with us, and dont mind spending some money. Would you recommend the fast train into Naples and then switch to get into Sorrento? I'm looking for only 1 connection, and not having to haul luggage all over the place. Anyone have a recommendation? Thank you so much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,742 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to travel from Rome to Sorrento Rount trip

Yes, the fast 70 minute train to Naples and then the Circumvesuviana, which is just downstairs of where you will arrive in Naples, will take about another hour. Just one transfer.

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to travel from Rome to Sorrento Rount trip

Thank You, appreciate the quick feedback!

3. Re: Best way to travel from Rome to Sorrento Rount trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:40