We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoes

South of Houston
Level Contributor
181 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Shoes

I know I need comfortable shoes during the day but are Nike's too obnoxious? Mine are running shoes. Yes they are bright.

I'm not looking to blend in. Lets be honest I won't. I just don't want to offend. We mainly are going to churches and typical tourist destinations.

TopBike Rental & Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Bike Tours
City Wonders
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, City Tours
Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Boston
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoes

go for comfort - no one cares what you wear - you'll be doing a lot of walking on cobblestones. We saw lots of people in sneakers - Enjoy

Edited: 02 October 2013, 12:48
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,559 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoes

No one will care what you wear. Wear what is comfortable and broken in.

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoes

No one in Italy will be offended by your shoes. In Italian churches, you see all types of shoes. Most of the altar boys and girls I see at mass are wearing sneakers and athletic shoes. Our priest wears running shoes when celebrating mass.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoes

Wear whatever you like most people wear trainers and no one will be offended if you wear them in church.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
208 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoes

I'm a bit of a 5k / 10k runner. The time I wore running shoes on Italy's cobblestones: my feet hurt! After that, it's been walking shoes with thicker, somewhat stiffer soles. Ecco's until they wore out. Currently, waterproof Rockports. It really a personal foot issue, not a style concern. You could be just fine.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
1,317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoes

I was worried the first time we went to Europe what I was going to wear, but seriously wear what is comfortable to you, what you would wear at home, we are all looking for the same.

7. Re: Shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:18