We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Rome and my camera has died!

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In Rome and my camera has died!

Help!

We've just arrived in Rome and are staying right by the Pantheon...and our camera has died. Does anyone know where we can get a cheapish digital camera or even some disposables.

Thank you!!!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Rome and my camera has died!

I have used a camera shop right opposite the Palazzo Cancelleria, just before you get to Campo di Fiori on the other side of the Corso Vittorio Emanuele. Hopefully it's still there as it was some time ago. Good luck!!

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Rome and my camera has died!

So sorry to hear about your camera. Have you a camera on your mobile phone? That would be an option, and not cost anything.

Many tourist shops sell disposable cameras, but can be expensive (I've even seen 24-photo disposables for around €15, plus you have to pay for the photos to be developed when returning home - a total rip-off!). Does your hotel know of anywhere (even 2nd-hand shops?).

This August in Rome I bought a 2 year 2014-2015 calendar (A4 size) and it included a CD of photos, which I downloaded to my laptop when I got home to England. It only cost €6 and has 50 photos! Although I only bought it for the calendar, I have viewed the CD, which I rate as good - not perfect, but still great photos (good enough for me to buy more for presents when I next visit in December).

Most of all, don't let your camera problem spoil the enjoyment of your holiday!

Edited: 07 October 2013, 08:16
3. Re: In Rome and my camera has died!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:17