We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aida in Roma this year?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Aida in Roma this year?

Hi everyone,

I did google for half an hour and did not find an answer :)

i am looking for two balcony tickets of an opera performance of Aida this year or early next year in or near Rome...... Any help?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
717 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

Aida is not programmed in Rome this year ... there are several performances scheduled in Verona (arena.it). The venue in Arena di Verona is near perfect for this opera ... worth the effort to get there.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

Aida needs a big stage, the best place to see it is arena in Verona. Maybe they'll perform it in Caracalla Terme next summer but it's too early to know. These are open air theatres.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

Grazzie Frank M.

I visited http://www.arena.it/en-US/HOMEen.html per your recommendation ... but surprisingly Aida is only planned as of JUNE 2014 (fourteen, next year) . see this capture.

https:/…497f3e5e059a0055

I would be really surprised if in whole huge Rome no opera is playing Aida this year or early next year....... I thought this is a classic .......

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

thank you much Tabata for the info.

With this new information you kindly provided, we had a new discussion and now the decision is that it does not have to be Aida, as long as it is Opera in Roma. She is fantasizing about being on a balcony in the opera..... but the play could be Carmen or Carmena Borana for example...... or anything else.

Any advice where I should be looking?

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

Hi Marcovsky999, Rome Opera has it's own site. I bought tickets for La Boheme and got front row seats for the opening two years ago on the the Rome Opera site. Everything you need to know is there. Have a great vacation.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

thank you s fjam.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,551 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

There are numerous big, popular operas - not each are mounted each year.

I would have loved La Boheme - it is a favorite of mine. La Traviata too is wonderful. Oh, and Tosca - oh, well, too many to name.

Have you looked to see what is playing at La Scala (Milano) and La Fenice (Venice)? Or, are you only going to be Rome?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

Carmina Burana isn't an opera; it's a choral work that is sometimes done with choreography and can be quite spectacular in its own right. Just letting you know so you're not disappointed if you end up at one that's just a bunch of people standing there singing (I don't mean that derogatorily; just that it probably wouldn't be staged). It's not related to Carmen the opera at all.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 21:16
Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

Teatro di San Carlo in Naples (Napoli) is showing Aida this December 5th to 17th: teatrosancarlo.it/play/…aida

If based in Rome, consider an overnight stay in Naples & visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum & Mt Vesuvius whilst you are there.

10. Re: Aida in Roma this year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:19