We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Airport / FCO

Highlands, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rome Airport / FCO

I have a very long layover in the Rome Airport. Any suggestions of things to do for 10 hours?

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Airport / FCO

Hi

What time of year/day of the week? There's Ostia Antica {closed Mondays - and think Pompeii but bigger) then to the seaside resort of Ostia Lido, or head into Rome & do a hop-on-hop-off bus tour, or focus on a few sights in Rome. It all depends on your interests and whether you have previously visited Rome.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Airport / FCO

Here's a prior thread on this topic that might help: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k61038… If you do a search on "layover" you will find quite a few threads.

Assuming you have not been to Rome before, I'd suggest you head to the Rome historic center and spend your time walking and seeing the free sights -- the outside of the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine, the Imperial Forums, the Pantheon and the Santa Maria sopra Minerva, Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain ... Have one nice meal -- maybe at a place like Armando al Pantheon -- grab a gelato -- then head back to the airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Airport / FCO

Hi there,

I am travelling to Italy in August and this would be my first trip to Europe. We arrive in Rome by train from Milan and would be leaving for Brussels in early morning. Its an early morning flight at 0600hrs. What would be ideal to do?

Stay at the Rome airport the night before? or catch a late night bus from Rome? Is there a transit hotel at Rome Airport? Your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks Ash

4. Re: Rome Airport / FCO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:15