We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Shopping Hours in Monti

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Shopping Hours in Monti

With a tight few days in Rome the 2nd weekend in November and are trying to decide rests around a shopping trip to Monti. Does anyone know, are we likely to hit more open boutiques Saturday evening, say shopping 'til 8pm before dinner, or Sunday after lunch? I've tried to check some individual websites, but many shops either don't have websites, or don't list their hours. Thanks!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Shopping Hours in Monti

I'd say Saturday will be more lively. A suggested perfect day: head over for some late afternoon shopping, then grab a glass of wine and some delicious caponata at Al Vino al Vino (Via dei Serpenti, 19) or hang out at Piazza della Madonna dei Monti, then have dinner at L'Asino d'oro (Via Boschetto 73), and if you want to keep going, there's the boisterous Ai Tre Scalini (Via Panisperna, 251).

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

Warren, Vermont
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Shopping Hours in Monti

Thanks so much! You read my mind about trying to link shopping up with L'Asino d'oro for a Saturday dinner. But, I had been thinking about Al Vino al Vino for after dinner drinks. Is it not good later on?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Shopping Hours in Monti

Of course! Al Vino al Vino is always good for a glass (or two) of wine. It can get very busy and the few tables will often be reserved. I will say that the last time I was there the place was quiet when we got there and then became packed with locals and it became hard to get the server's attention, you may need to be assertive and head up to the (tiny) bar.

4. Re: Weekend Shopping Hours in Monti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 06:37