We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some last minute advice

Colombo, Sri Lanka
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need some last minute advice

Hi All,

I willl be travelling to Rome with my wife on the 7th Nov 2013. We will be staying near the spanish steps. Our flight reaches rome on at about 7.45am. Please help with my below questions.

1) Can we take the Bus from FCO to Termini and then take the metro to Spagna? is the bus stop near the metro station, Since we will be having our carry on bags is it easliy accessible?

2) We plan to go to the collosseum and do the underground tour, what time should I plan the tour for? also can we complete the forum and Palatine hill by around 3pm on the same day?

3) What are some good reasonable places for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner on this day? We are not fussy with regards to food, something local is what we are looking for and we are budget concessious.?

4) We plan to do the Vatican tour on day two, should we book the tour in advance or can I book the tour when I reach rome?

Thanks alot for the advice in advance. Greatly appriciate it.

Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Private Tours of Rome - Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
TopBike Rental & Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Bike Tours
LivItaly Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
91,262 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some last minute advice

1. Yes, this is possible. Buses stop in a large square in front of Termini main line station, and the metro station is under the main line station.

2. This depends on whether your flight is on time. I would not book the underground tour until the afternoon. The time you spend in the Forum and Palatine is up to you. A quick look would take maybe 30 minutes, or you could explore thoroughly over several hours.

3. There are thousands of restaurants and cafes in Rome, at all price levels. They all have menus outside, with prices, so just look around when you feel hungry.

4. Book in advance: the tours can sell out. Book direct with mv.vatican.va

Edited: 28 October 2013, 07:14
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some last minute advice

Underground tour of the Colosseum is not available at the present due to some restoration works.

3. Re: Need some last minute advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18