We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time involved to get to the airport

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mission Viejo
Level Contributor
23 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
time involved to get to the airport

How long does it take to get from central Rome to FCO airport? Our flight leaves on a Thursday at 10:15 in the morning and I'm trying to figure out how early we should leave. We are going to hire a van because there are 4 of us. We're staying in an apartment near Campo de Fiori.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time involved to get to the airport

I'd leave at 6:30 a.m.; you need to be there minimum 3 hours pre-flight time. It will take about 30 plus minutes at that hour of the morning.

Take a look at this recent thread on this subject:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k69304…

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,823 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time involved to get to the airport

I agree with Momcat. You need to arrive *at least* three hours prior. Give yourself at least 45 minutes to an hour for the trip (could run into traffic) and that means leaving by 6:30. Anything less will put undue stress on you with the lines you're likely to encounter at the airport.

Donna

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
205 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time involved to get to the airport

We left at 0630am on a monday morning. We were staying near the vatacan. It only took 30 mins to get to the airport with a transfer company. We checked in straight away and went through secruity with no long lines. It was really easy. It looked like we had only just beaten the crowds. We were on a 9:45 flight.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: time involved to get to the airport

For a 10:40 flight to Moscow on a Monday I left the hotel in central Rome at 7:30 and was at the airport around 8:15. I had plenty of time left over for coffee and shopping, since the only line was at the check-in counter. However, had I been going home to the US I'd probably have allowed at least 3 hours at the airport.

5. Re: time involved to get to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:17