We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dark Rome tours

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dark Rome tours

I am looking at booking a couple of tours with dark Rome. Just wondering how the tour of the colosseum including underground compares with the tour booked through the coop culture site?

Is it better value , experience wise, to book a tours of the Vatican, and the Roman Forum And palatine hill as well? And what about Ostia Anca?

Or are any of these perfectly fine to be done just by ourselves. We wants to make the most of our time in Rome, and don't really want to wander round sites haphazardly if that makes sense!

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,634 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dark Rome tours

I'm not sure that you'll find someone who has taken tours with both companies and can offer you a fair comparison. I have taken the official tours of all the sites you mention with the exception of Ostia antica, which I used their audio guide for. All the tours were great and a good value for the cost. The tours of the forum and palatine hill can be booked the same day by just showing up. They cost 5 euros each and last over an hour. You can book the underground tour and a tour of the vatican museums online before you get to Italy at their official sites.

Donna

2. Re: Dark Rome tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17