We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to walk to the Pantheon from Termini Station. I have 2 routes in mind which involves major roads as I try to reduce the probability of getting lost.

Route 1: Through via Cavour --> via dei Fori Imperiali --> V.D. Plebiscito --> via di Torres Argentina

Route 2: via XX Settembre --> via dells Quattro Fontane --> via del Tritone --> via del Corso --> via del seminario

Which route has street signs that can direct a tourist better (I read from some threads that street signs can be obscure)? Which route is brightly lit and safer when walking in the evening after the sun set?

Would love to hear opinions about the pros and cons of the walking routes. Many thanks!

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

If you decide to walk, bring a smart phone. Download a map b4 you go and use your gps. It will make it so much quicker to find your way. I found it can take longer on the bus than by walking..and it can be extremely crowded. If you have the legs my advise is to walk. Nothing in Rome is more than 2 miles away, which isn't terribly far, especially with the sights along the way.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

HI RebeccaT, I always walk in Rome and everywhere else I can too. Rome is a movable feast from Termini to the Pantheon. I take Route 1 of your options. There are signs along the way and the newstand guys and the police people are more than friendly when you ask for directions. No problem. Walking is healthy. People who live in "Blue Zones"( places on earth where people live well into their 80's and 90's) usually do not have public transit. They walk uphill and downhill all the time and they drink a lot of red wine to go along with the walking. Have a great vacation.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,883 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

I would take your route as far as Piazza Venezia, then head down Via del Corso, turning left onto Via di Pietra. This is a nice route which is mostly pedestrian and brings you out onto Piazza della Rotunda from Via Dei Pastini - which is a stunning angle to first set eyes on the Pantheon.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

Yes, yes! I read about the notorious bus 64 too, and bus number 40 as well... Oh well, but the buses are the most convenient and time-saving way for me to get to the Pantheon, I guess I just have to be very alert and besides my camera (which I will tie to my wrist), I am not bringing any other stuff, not even a bag, maybe just a few euros for a gelato along the way! :) Thank you all for being a part of my preparation process ;)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

I will try this option: walk to the pantheon and take a bus back, some of your suggestions about taking a walk is too fabulous!

16. Re: Which walking route to Pantheon for first timer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18