We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

Hi all,

Here is a screenshot of my calendar/itinerary (rough of course) of me and my parents 4 days in Rome. I arrive on 12th in the afternoon, parents arrive a day earlier. We leave on a train to Florence on the morning of 17th. Just wondering if it's too rushed or anything.

http://i.imgur.com/gAU0Qz1.jpg

Also, to get from FCO to Roma Travestere station (Hotel right there), can we just buy a single ticket (E1.50?) to ride the FL1?

Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

The train from FCO to Roma Trastevere is €8 (see the trenitalia website)

Pottersville, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

When you visit Piazza Navona on the first day, you can probably also walk to Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. If you are feeling hearty, you could possibly make it to the Spanish steps that day too (though it would likely be dark). Spanish steps are a long distance from the Vatican, so if you keep that on your last day, plan to take some form of transportation between the two. You can get your tickets for Colisseum and Vatican online in advance to avoid waiting on lines.

Overall, looks like a great trip. Buon viaggio!

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

It looks okay to me, but you will experience lines everywhere you go, so you need to work that into your time table. I think it's do-able. Not sure I would personally do a day trip with so few days in Rome, but that is personal preference.

You might want to do the Trevi Fountain on the first day with Piazza Navona and the Pantheon, they are within a walkable distance and you have a big chunk of time slotted for Piazza Navona. I feel like we also did the Spanish Steps too, but not 100% on that. If you combined those sites, it would give you more time to do the Vatican. Just a thought!

Good luck!

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

Oh so sorry PP!! I was making breakfast for my kids while I was writing that and missed our duplicate thought. :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

Great, thanks for the advice. Yes, originally was planning transportation from Vatican to Spanish Steps. But we will see, if time permits, does seem perfectly fine to do it on the first day with Trevi. More time in Vatican is not a bad thing.

6. Re: Reasonable Itinerary for 4 days in Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17