We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best zone for apartment booking

Ourem, Portugal
Level Contributor
167 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
best zone for apartment booking

Hi!

We're (me and Wife) travelling to Rome in the last week of February. It will be a full week, 21 to 28.

We prefer to arrange an apartment in the centre of the city, as we've found out, when we get an apartment a little bit far away, we tend to travel a lot by tube. And that's a shame, as we end up not seeing a lot of the city...

So, we're thinking about a area that seems the best situated for a full walking week: Campo di Fiori. What is your opinion? Is this a good choice? Or would another area be most suited.

All inputs are more than welcome!

Thanks fellow travellers!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best zone for apartment booking

If you do a search, you will find a lot of threads on "where to stay in Rome." Here are the most recent ones:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k63787…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k70006…

Anywhere within the historic center is a good start. Campo di Fiori is certainly one of the places to consider, but there's also Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Colosseo, Monti, close in sections of Trastevere … I always recommend staying in the historic center for first time visitors. Although you can't walk to everything in Rome, there are many wonderful sights concentrated within the historic center, and it is wonderful for wandering and exploring, as well as finding many cafes/bars and restaurants. Indeed, walking is the best way to explore the Eternal City. Just bring real good walking shoes!

When choosing an apartment, always check the specific address on a map before booking (for example, some parts of Trastevere are too far out for easy walking, and you want to make sure a place is as close in as you want). You may also want to consider access to the bus or tram routes, metro, and taxi stands. Metro doesn't go everywhere, but we find it convenient as it is near to us, and access to taxi stands is (in my opinion) a real plus. We also like the little electric mini-bus system.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,021 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best zone for apartment booking

Here's another article you may want to peruse...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187791-c162553/Rome:…

Piazza Navona and Pantheon are very central.

3. Re: best zone for apartment booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17