We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from CPH to FCO; then train to Firenza. Q?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
809 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from CPH to FCO; then train to Firenza. Q?

We are flying from Copenhagen to Rome on EasyJet. Since we will be flying inter EU and from one Schengren country to another we are figuring that we will have a short time getting off the plane and then heading to get a train to Firenza.

I would really like to book thebuy a train ticket ahead of time. I know that IF arriving on an international flight it would be best not to do that - but I am thinking that in my case, it would be pretty safe if we buy tickets for a train approximately 1 -2 hours after scheduled arrival.

Flight is late March; weather "shouldn't" be a problem.

Cost is the factor. I can buy advance tickets for 19E. I looked for giggles to see what a ticket would cost tomorrow and online it's showing 85E business, since online is showing all other tickets are sold out. That's a big difference. Are the status of tickets available online the same as in person?

So, given that the flight is from Schengren to Schengren, will my plan be [relatively] safe?

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,195 Reviews
from US$78.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
534 Reviews
from US$413.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,880 Reviews
from US$123.90*
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,706 Reviews
from US$59.70*
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
36,332 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from CPH to FCO; then train to Firenza. Q?

I wouldn't do it. Earlier this year I flew in from Helsinki and my flight was 45 minutes delayed. If I had booked tickets I wouldn't have made the train and would have lost the cost of the tickets. It's always a gamble but if you're comfortable doing it then you should. Just realize that if you miss the train and you bought the super economy tickets they will be worthless.

The status of tickets online is the same as at the ticket counter. You won't get any discounts at the counter as all discounted tickets must be bought at least the day before travel.

Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from CPH to FCO; then train to Firenza. Q?

3 - 4 hours would be more reliable

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
91,895 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from CPH to FCO; then train to Firenza. Q?

I think I would buy a ticket for a train that I could catch if the flight were delayed by an hour or so; and just accept that the €19 would be lost if there were a greater delay.

Incidentally, it is Schengen for the treaty area, and Firenze for the city.

4. Re: Flying from CPH to FCO; then train to Firenza. Q?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 06:19