We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
447 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

My boyfriend and I are heading to Rome in late June. I have been there twice and he has never been. Over the course of my life I have traveled in every way from youth hostel to high end resort. I am fine with hotels that are not high end, but are quaint, well maintained and well situated. We are looking right now at three places: Relais Teatro Argentina, Albergo Cesari and Hotel Regno.

We only have 3 and a half days in Rome and I want to be able to see the major sites in that short time so I thought this area would be best. I have always wanted to stay in the Trastevere area but I think we may just go over there for dinner and shopping one day instead.

Any thoughts about these three places? Thanks in advance.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,220 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

Based on reviews Albergo Cesari seems to be the best.

Iowa
Level Contributor
569 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

We stayed at The Albergo Cesari for a week in November. While I hesitate recommending hotels since everyone has such different tastes I can say the hotel exceeded our expectations. Location, location, location. Friendly helpful staff. Amazing breakfast on the terrace. Very clean. My only issue was not outside street noise, but rather it did seem you could hear people in the hallways and other adjoining rooms. Bring some ear plugs if you are not a heavy sleeper.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
447 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

Thank you for your response. The Cesari seems to be a favorite. I appreciate your tip about ear plugs and light sleeping!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

Just adding another thought for you--I've not stayed at any of the hotels you've mentioned, but we did spend a long weekend at the Hotel Abruzzi and really enjoyed it. It's clean and quiet and located right in Piazza della Rotunda. We had the Pantheon full on view from our window. It is not fancy but the view was amazing.

5. Re: Help with choosing btwn 3 Hotels near Pantheon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:20