We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

Hi ppl,

Could you all advise what is the best (most convenient and safest) way for the following journey:

1) from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini at night?...

2) from Colosseum to spanish steps in the afternoon?..

Appreciate if you can provide the details for each of the above journeys: for example

- where to get a cab (is there a cab stand) / roughly how much it'll cost?

- which metro station

- which bus

Appreciate your help ppl!

Thanks...

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

Nigel, it would be important to know your age/health status. Because most of Rome is quite walkable if you're not disabled.

From Piazza Navona (a purely pedestrian area), you can walk out onto the Corso Vittorio Emanuale. There is a taxi stand at the Largo Argentina. (You can see the streets and area on Google maps.) If you need a taxi, you can almost always find one here. From there to Termini I would think couldn't be more than €8.

If you have a metro pass, the closest metro station is probably Colosseo.

Also note that you are just a 10-minute walk to the Piazza Venezia and you can also see a taxi stand there, and a few dozen buses have stops in this square. I'm sure there is a bus to Termini that runs on Vittoria Emanuale, but I cannot remember the number. I'll see if I can find out. But, the bus signs in Rome are very clear and list which stops they have on the route.

You can walk from the Colosseum to Spanish Steps. It's about 20 minutes. If you want, you can take the Metro B line at Colosseum toward Rebibbia. But you want to get off at Termini and switch to the Metro A line heading toward Battistini. You can get off right near the Spanish Steps at the "Spagno" stop (3rd stop).

I have what I believe are the best Rome maps for buses and metro. If you email me here, I can reply with those maps. :)

Buon viaggio!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

From Piazza Navona the fastest way to get to Termini by public transportation is going on Corso Vittorio Emanuele (as Sarge 56 said) and take bus No. 40 or bus No. 64.

The bus 40 is "express", it makes few stops, the bus 64 stops at all provided places.

At these webpages you can find both the timetables of these lines for the next few days, both maps with routes and stops.

viaggiacon.atac.roma.it/…

viaggiacon.atac.roma.it/…

Generally, to find information on public transit routes and times in Rome, that is the page:

viaggiacon.atac.roma.it/index.html…

Brun066

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

The "metro pass" is actually a pass for all buses, trams, metro, and urban trains in Rome, so there would be no need to walk to a metro station to use the pass. Bruno's suggestion is the best for using public transportation. I believe there's also a taxi stand nearer to Piazza Navona, to the north, but I could be mistaken.

Chicago
Level Contributor
396 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

Yes there is a Taxi stand just north of Piazza Navona - just as you exit the piazza.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

Hey thanks guys.. Appreciate it..!

6. Re: Best way from Piazza Navona to Roma Termini!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:16