We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help from the experts deciding on hotel location Plz

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I need help from the experts deciding on hotel location Plz

Everywhere I read, it seems to me that the best location to stay is close to the Phanteon. But I have not been able to find a hotel within my budget :( $300 per night). So far, I am thinking of Hotel San Anselmo in Aventine Area. My questions are:

1- Is this hotel really far from the center?

2- Is the area a pretty one?

3-Would we have a hard time going to the center and coming back late at night.

I have read the reviews, but I am still not sure as to what to do. We will be going at the end of April. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Anselmo
Hotel San Anselmo
1,219 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Appia Antica Resort
Appia Antica Resort
#1 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Hotel Santa Maria
Hotel Santa Maria
#10 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Nerva Boutique Hotel
Nerva Boutique Hotel
#8 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help from the experts deciding on hotel location Plz

San Anselmo hotel is on the Aventine hill - it's a gorgeous location, however its a bit isolated. It's not terribly far from the center, a 5-10 min walk down hill is the great neighborhood of Testaccio, which has great dining options and a great market. On Via Marmorata, you will find many buses to other parts of the city center.

For $300/night, you should have no problem finding a place in the center.......Have you checked venere.com?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Anselmo
Hotel San Anselmo
1,219 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Testaccio
Testaccio
132 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help from the experts deciding on hotel location Plz

Why not try around the Piazza Navona or Campo De Fiori area......not to far from what i imagine you meant the Pantheon.

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,396 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Campo de' Fiori
Campo de' Fiori
3,019 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,153 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help from the experts deciding on hotel location Plz

If you go to Booking.com and list your dates then move to areas and budget you'll find dozens of hotels in your price range. Are you only looking at 4star or something?

4. Re: I need help from the experts deciding on hotel location Plz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:19