We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trenitalia e-tickets

Ourem, Portugal
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
trenitalia e-tickets

Simple question on Trenitalia electronic tickets...

I'm planning the 'classic' a daytrip to Naples+Pompeii.

As i'm visiting in February, i would like to book the tickets online, but no longer than a week in advance, so i can, hopefully, choose a no rain day.

So, i'll be in Rome with no access to a printer.

If i buy a Frecciarossa ticket, do i need to print it out, or just show the code to the ticket guy inside the train?

Many thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trenitalia e-tickets

There is probably little point in buying online a week ahead, as the discounted tickets are likely to be sold out. You might just as well go to a station and buy a ticket: the price will be the same.

But if you do book online, you just need to note the book reference (PNR) number. This is your authority to travel, and you could write it on your hand.

Ourem, Portugal
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trenitalia e-tickets

thanks!

3. Re: trenitalia e-tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:20