We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

new york
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

We are 3 adults traveling in Feb and I am wondering which hotel is recommended? Location for Aventino seems best for walking to the main sites but if it is bad weather we will be taking metro to locations anyway. Does anyone have a preference or suggestion for clean basic hotel for 3 adults that would help us maximize our short time in Rome? Thank you in advance!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

The neighborhood where this hotel is located is lovely. The Aventine Hill is one of the nicer neighborhoods of Rome and houses many of the cities embassies.

Close to your hotel are a number of local eating places which are frequented by locals versus the tourists so you will find excellent food.

There is both Metro and bus transport to all areas of Rome from this location.

new york
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

Thank you for this response! I thought the location was superior to the Star of Rome location. However, I am torn because i think the accommodations at Star of Rome are superior and we would be more comfortable there, for whatever time we spend in the hotel

does anyone have a preference of one hotel over another?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

The Star of Rome is better if you are spending a lot of time at the Vatican, I have stayed in both neighborhoods and prefer the Aventine location.

I haven't stayed in either hotel so I can't comment on the values of each;just the locations.

UK
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

We've stayed at the Aventino Hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. We took taxis most days but did take the Metro into the city and back on one occasion when the drivers were on strike. The Testaccio and Trastevere areas were walkable for dinner. Unfortunately I don't know the Star of Rome so can't make a comparison.

5. Re: Star of Rome of Aventino Hotel question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18