We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mamertine Prison

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mamertine Prison

I was wondering if the exit of the Roman Forum puts you at the entrance to the Mamertine Prison. From a map, it appears it is right near a Roman Forum exit, but I can't tell if there are fences/obstacles preventing you from walking directly to the prison. I am looking for the easiest way to get from the Roman Forum to the Mamertine Museum. I don't want to go inside the prison but would like to take a photo of it. I also want to visit the Vittorio Emanuele monument and Trajan's Market, are they within easy walking distance from the Roman Forum exit?

Mentioned in this post
Roman Forum
Roman Forum
18,301 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Monumento ai caduti per la causa di Roma Italiana
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Statua Marforio
Monuments & Statues
Tempio Rotondo al Foro Boario
Ancient Ruins, Architectural Buildings, Monuments & Statues
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,207 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mamertine Prison

They are both right next to the forum. Trajans markets are just across the street and the VE monument is at the end of the forum. As for the mammertine prison, you'll need to walk from the exit of the forum around to the entrance of the prison. If you go to googlemaps and type in mammertine prison, rome italy it will show you exactly where it is.

Donna

2. Re: Mamertine Prison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22