We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

Hello all,

My 14 year old son and I will be traveling to Rome in March. I am trying to select a place to stay. I have booked (with the option to cancel) the Inn Urbe Colosseo at via Giovanni Lanza 178 for e466 for 4 nights. In an attempt to save money to do other things, I am looking at options . The other place I am looking at is Hotel Romae at via Palestro 49 for e270 for 4 nights. We will visit the Vatican and Colosseum and most popular sites. We will most often walk and occasionally use public transit. My question is this. Is it worth the e200 to change to the via Palestro location over the location near the colosseum? Will we be terribly inconvenienced by the location nearer the Termini? Please advise.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

I'm sorry, I misread your earlier post, now I see that my response was not at all helpful!

I cannot comment personally, but I did refer to this thread myself when choosing where to stay. Pretty good insight on staying near Termini station - overall positive opinions.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k43337… l

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

It depends on what you want to see. The termini is a good area to find inexpensive hotels. It is also close to transportation hubs so getting to the Vatican museums or colosseum is easy, just hop on the metro. For sites like the pantheon or piazza navona you can easily take a bus. The trevi fountain will be about 10 minutes away and the spanish steps will be about 15 minutes away. Rome is not that big so you'll be close to some sites no matter where you stay.

Donna

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

Thanks for the responses. Going to book the Hotel Romae I think.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

I've stayed at the Hotel Romae. It's a nice hotel, although usually rather overpriced for what they offer. You seem to have found a good price.

The hotel is about a ten-minute walk from Termini station. It's closer to the Castro Pretorio metro stop, and about a five-minute walk from Via XX Settembre, where there are several very useful bus lines, including one that goes to the Vatican area. There aren't many places within walking distance, but it's quite convenient if you don't mind using buses and the metro.

It's not as close to Trevi Fountain as Donna thinks. It would be nearly a half-hour walk from the Hotel Romae to Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps would be about the same. You will mostly be using buses, and the metro.

5. Re: Comparing accomodations for 4 nights in March-edited post

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19