We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

My husband and I will be visiting Europe at the end of March, actually we don't have to much money, but it is our 30th anniversary and we have family and friends in London, Rome and Paris, so we won't have to pay hotels in those cities, and we want take advantage of our trip to visit other cities as : Florence, Venice, Bern, Brussels, Bruges and Holland. Could someone tell us the best route that we must follow in our trip? Our arriving and departing is London. Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,640 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

Can you be a little more specific? Like how long are you spending in each city? Are you going to London, Rome and Paris or just one of them?

For instance if you are going to Amsterdam, I would start there, go to Brussels, Bruges, then Paris, London and then fly to Venice and work your way down. I would say skip Bern if you plan on doing Paris, London and Rome.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

If Paris is your last city where you are leaving your friends, then certainly do a loop of Amsterdam - Bruges & Brussels. Flying from Brussels to Rome is easier than flying to Florence.

Take the rest of the journey by train from Rome to Florence, and Florence to Venice.

If, on the other hand, you are finishing in Rome, then it would be inefficient to back track to Amsterdam and Brussels, you have to fly from Venice instead to Amsterdam.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

This is a duplicate post.

tripadvisor.com/…55883558

Edited: 06 February 2014, 13:25
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

Visit the site Gotoday.com. They can assist. Happy travels!

5. Re: easy and cheap way to visit Rome, Florence and Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:23