We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

I recall a restaurant near the Piazza Navona that had only spaghetti noodles with over 100 different sauces. Does anyone know the name?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

With that many sauces, you just know they're frozen and microwaved.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

To be honest, in over twenty years I too have never heard of a "spaghetti-only" restaurant... are you sure it wasn't just a place with a remarkable variety of pasta sauces?

Edited: 07 February 2014, 07:56
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,916 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

It certainly is not in any way authentic Italian food. The Italians believe strongly that each kind of sauce should be served with a particular kind of pasta, and most of the time that is not spaghetti.

But then, if the restaurant is near Piazza Navona, it is probably aiming at tourists.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

@ sydneynick: actually... in all truth, you're free to put whatever sauce you want on your pasta (regardless of its shape). :-)

Edited: 07 February 2014, 09:24
5. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 20:35
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

Nah there is a best shape to particular sauce. In restaurants there are fixed combination but at home you can do what you want :)

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

Around where I live, people definitely believe that certain shapes of pasta go with certain kinds of sauces, even at home.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

In my area too, Bvlenci!

You are a sinner if found eating spaghetti with Bolognese ragù or if you put tomato sauce in top of tortelli d'erbetta.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

Really? Or is it just Rome... I mean, nobody here blinks an eye if you decide to eat spaghetti or fettuccine with pesto.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spaghetti only restaurant near Piazza Navona?

Long shape pasta is very good with pesto, but there are some sauces that are better with "pasta cava" eg tortiglioni, penne and so on.

Carbonara is good with spaghetti and bucatini but four cheeses is at its top with tortiglioni, fusilli.