We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Israel
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Dear fellow travellers who have actually been to Rome maybe one of you can help me . I have booked to go with my husband to Rome for four nights in April .My problem is which hotel . We already booked Profumo Maison d'hotes but have decided to change .

IWe would like a good location for the sights and some things to do at night , but not too noisy . Good views ( a terrace would be a big plus ) decent size room and a good breakfast .

IWe have narrowed it down to a few from many after much research .

Fortyseven

Hotel dei Mellini

Rose Garden palace

Nazional

Hotel Capo d'Africa ( in spite of location which I am not sure about ,

The Inn at the Roman Forum ( sounds like great location ,but no room size mentioned anywhwere .

Any feedback would be highly appreciated

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Can you add links or addresses? Not everyone knows every hotel in Rome.

donna

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

I have only been in the Hotel Forty Seven, not stayed there. It's a beautiful hotel, though not been in the bedrooms, some have terraces. We ate in the rooftop restaurant which has fantastic views. Location may be a little far off centre, but ok if you don't mind walking 15 mins or so.

Israel
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Hi Donna , you are right , I pressume that everyone is as mad as me reading aboyut 100's of hotels!

The Rose Garden is close to Via Veneto .

The Inn at the Roman Forum in Rione Monti .

Nazional opposite the Parliment

Capo d'Africa near the Colosseum

Hotel Dei Mellini in Prat on the side of the river where the Vatican is , it says 20 mins walk to the Vatican and ten to the Spanish Steps.

Forty Seven is on the other side of the river and address is given as Aventino .

They all have so many great reviews ,but now I started to read the bad ones , how can people in the same hotels have such different views ? I might stick to the first one that I booked already Profumo maison d'hotes ,it's new and all the reviews are good , but not many reviews !

Israel
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Thank you ,

I like the look of it but now started reading reviews that make all of these hotels sound awful ( the one that give poor or terrible . )

I don't mind walking at all as long as it's not raining !

Edited: 09 February 2014, 13:38
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Where are you finding these reviews? If you are reading them here on TA you really need to take them with a grain of salt and look at the posting history of the one doing the review. If it's over the top in either a good way or a bad way and the poster only has a few posts or reviews I don't pay them any mind. I look for reviews from posters who have a really good history on TA. If they've been here for years, post on the forums and post reviews I tend to give their reviews more weight than I do the people who only post one or two reviews and are never heard from again.

I also like to check venere.com and hotels.com for their reviews. You must complete a stay at the hotel before those sites will send you the review form. Those reviews are very accurate and can be trusted.

As for the hotels you mention, the only one I am familiar with is the Capo D'Africa. It's a very nice hotel in a nice location.

Donna

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Hi, we can highly recommend Nazionale. First stayed there 9 years ago and returning for our silver wedding at beginning of March. It is a lovely traditional hotel, I think rooms have been renovated since we last stayed. For me it is the location. Within walking distance to all main tourist attractions, but because no traffic it is very peaceful. Recent reviews all seem to reiterate good service, great hotel along with fab location. Hope this helps you.

Israel
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Hi , thank you you are right , I dismiss ones also that are very old , things change for better or worse . Also those who say things like one that I read , some hotel not being like the Four Seasons mmm a cheap four star . Trip adviser makes life easier but some people it seems are never happy .

I looked at the reviews from booking including the bad ( things like the staff being arrogant for example doen't disturb me , think that is a curtural thing , a an Israeli I expect all our hotel staff would be guven that ! However noise and bad breakfast could concern me !

Anyway down to two hotels so getting there , thanks for your imput !

Israel
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Mant thanks for your imput , though we crossed this beautiful hotekl off our list as we heard that the parliment can be noisy . I love the way it looks so will visit where ever we stay !

Israel
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

Many thanks for the information !

10. Re: Help please deciding which Rome Hotel !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:21