We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome in mid-February

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rome in mid-February

Hello all,

I'm just about to take the family to Rome for short break (Monday 17th - Friday 21st Feb). My guide book advises booking in advance for the Vatican Museums, Colosseum and Galleria Borghese. But is this really necessary in February, are the queues so bad at this time of year? I'm thinking that pre-booking will limit our flexibility when we are there, as well as being an extra expense in some cases.

Thanks!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome in mid-February

Here is a recent thread on this same topic of Rome in February: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k69605…

Galleria Borghese must be booked in advance -- they are timed-entry tickets. I have called for a reservation the day before during low season and it has been fine, but my time was flexible, not sure how flexible your time will be since you are there for 4-5 days.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,686 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome in mid-February

I have been to Rome in Feb twice.

You have to book Villa Borghese in advance.

I highly recommend booking the Vatican Museum tickets online. the line for buying ticket in the morning has been very long in Feb and Dec win the morning when I have been there.

Lines at the Colosseum can be long, but it's spastic. If the line is long you can go away and come back and it might be better. You can also buy your ticket to the Colosseum at the Palatine ticket office instead and the lines are less long there. Via Gregorio ticket office is near the yellow dollar sign on this google map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome in mid-February

Thanks for the comments - and for pointing me to the previous thread. I have gone ahead and booked all the tickets, as queuing for hours with three children is too big a risk!

4. Re: Rome in mid-February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:21