We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided Tour at Vatican and Romapass?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona, USA
Level Contributor
21 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Guided Tour at Vatican and Romapass?

I am planning a first trip to continental Europe over Christmas 2014 on a moderate budget. Will be in Rome 27-31 of December. Looking at the Vatican website, I see that I can book a private tour either mid morning or late afternoon.

Question 1: Is the Romapass monetarily worth it if I book the Vatican tour separately?

Question 2: Considering it is December, I presume the afternoon Vatican tour would mean that we leave near dusk to get back to our lodgings (which I have yet to book). Are there safety concerns at that time of way in that area? Should I take a taxi back to the hotel or is it generally safe to walk to hotel at that time of day in Rome? Are there areas I should avoid after dark in general?

OK that was more than 2 questions, I know...

As an aside, am looking around tripadvisor, but any advice would be most welcome. Am considering taking an Italian class prior to the trip.

Thanks much!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided Tour at Vatican and Romapass?

1) the romapass has nothing to do with the Vatican. It's a rome sites pass and the Vatican is not in Rome, it's in Vatican city.

2)Rome is a safe city. You don't need to worry about being mugged or attacked. You'll be perfectly fine walking to your hotel at dusk or at night.

You should visit the romapass website to read what is and isn't included with the pass. Unless you plan to see 3 or more sites covered by the pass it won't save you any money.

Donna

2. Re: Guided Tour at Vatican and Romapass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:18