We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Topic
Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

I will be arriving in Rome at the Roma Termini at 4pm in the afternoon.

It would be fine to take a cab but I will be arriving with my husband and 2 kids with strollers.

I have heard that it isn't the safest place and would like to get a private transfer - someone that can help us without us having to keep asking for directions yet keeping an eye on kids and luggage.

I am not quite sure how it work in the Termini.

Are the private transfer guide/drivers able to meet us immediately when we get off the train or there is an arrival lounge (just like the airport)?

Trying to figure it out.

Any recommendations of reliable private transfers companies from Termini?

Most I've search up are for the airport to hotel/apartment.

Thanks.

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Any good recommendation?

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Im trying to bump this up hoping to get a good recommendation. Thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Even with the amount of kids and luggage you dont need a private transfer. Just take a taxi from the rank outside. Dont accept any offers from people who approach you. The termini area is perfectly safe so you dont need to worry about that. After you get off the train just go outside and go straight to the taxi rank. Its not hard to find. Just take the next available taxi. They will help you load your luggage. Tell them where you are going and youll be set.

Donna

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Thanks for your advice dbabe.

I know it is totally doable but I think for the peace of mind we want to take a private transfer as we have experience the disorientation of a new place and trying to find the exit or taxi stand and the possibility of unethical drivers. We are willing to pay more but just have 1 goal that is to look out for our driver.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

You mention "apartment". If you are renting, ask the person you are renting from if they can arrange private transfer for you. This worked for us last summer.

We got "turned around" in the Termini station on arrival back to Rome from a day trip last summer. We came out a different side of the terminal completely(and tried a few times). Anyway, each exit that we saw had a taxi rank; easy to get a taxi from any exit.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

I wouldn't ask the apartment owner to book a transfer for you. They will likely add on a "fee" for doing this.

If you want a good transfer company contact either romecabs.com or romeshuttlelimousine.com. Both are private transfer services with nice clean cars that will pick you up at your desired location.

If you will be coming into the airport they can pick you up there as well

Donna

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Thanks you soooo much Donna dbabe.

I am so lovin you.

Contacted romeshuttlelimousine.com and they quoted me Euro35 for termini to my apartment. Isn't cheap like a cab (I checked on taxifinder and it cost like Euro 10) but it is private and someone waiting for me so I can just concentrate to look out for the driver. On top of that I asked if they can give me an orientation tour. Their min is 2 hours in total so that mean 2 hours of private transfers and orientation for Euro 70. I think that is pretty good way to start my trip in Rome. Do you think so?

That means it is an additional Euro 35 on top of what I would have spent anyway for the transfer and I get about 2 hours of a drive around.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

If you're okay with the price then it's a good deal. If your kids are smaller you may want to request car seats if you're not bringing them yourself. Rome traffic is crazy and I'm sure you'll want the little ones strapped in for the two hour tour.

Donna

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

Tell the company you're travelling with kids and their age, Italian law requires a special seat on private cars, not on taxis, but I don't know if they are mandatory on private transfer cars too.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Transfer from Termini to Apartment

For me, it wouldn't matter if they were mandatory or not, I would want my kids in car seats for a 2 hour trip. Rome traffic is crazy with lots of sudden starts and stops. It just makes sense for this kind of trip to have car seats.

Donna