We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is my trip shaping up. FEEDBACK welcome please

australia
Level Contributor
328 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
How is my trip shaping up. FEEDBACK welcome please

Hello Fellow TA members,

Australian family of 5 ( mum/dad/Kids 10 & 13 & Grandma aged 70 ( very active & mobile). We arrive in Rome on Saturday 6th September, 2014 after a long flight from Australia broken up slightly with a 9 hour layover in airport Hotel to rest etc. Arrive in Rome 8am.

Saturday Day 1 Drop bags off at accommodation ? Lunch, walk around sights, early dinner, early to bed. Staying in apartments near the maxxi National Musuem.

Sunday day 2 :

Navona Piazza, Church of St. Louis of the French, Roman Pantheon, Church of Sant'Ignazio di Loyola, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo

Monday day 3

Porta Portese Flea Market, Bocca della verità, Piazza Venezia, Capitoline Hill, Trajan's Forum, National Roman Museum

Tuesday day 4

Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Raphael's Rooms, St. Peter's Basilica,

Wednesday day 5

Colosseum, Roman Forum, The Forums, Paletine Hill

Thursday Day 6 - Train ROME to SORRENTO

We want to tick off all the big ticket attractions but try and group the areas into achievable daily activities. I have changed this plan a dozen times already. Why not a dozen more. Have I got the days around the wrong way ? I intend getting to all the big ones first thing in the morning to to reduce the waiting times and crowds etc.

If you feel this is too cramped, or I am missing something please suggest it. We are going to the Amalfi Coast , Florence, Venice afterwards .

Finally, how Crazy will the CROWDS be in Early September ? I was there once before early December and it was great.

Take care and thank you.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is my trip shaping up. FEEDBACK welcome please

Lovely looking trip.. I'd say on day 2 you shouldn't miss Santa Maria Sopra Minerva which sits literally just behind the pantheon.

Doesn't look much from the outside but it is stunning on the inside.. just pop in for a few minutes..

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is my trip shaping up. FEEDBACK welcome please

The National Roman Museum has four different sites; you don't say which one you want to visit. Anyway, they're all closed on Mondays, as are most other museums in Rome. You might want to switch Sunday and Monday, because I'm also not sure the Porta Portese flea market is held on Mondays. (I thought the flea market was a waste of time, with mostly cheap modern junk for sale) but you might love it.)

Other than that, some of the days look a little hectic, but you can always change your plans depending on how you feel at the moment. You haven't made the mistake of creating an inflexible schedule by filling your time with reservations and tours.

3. Re: How is my trip shaping up. FEEDBACK welcome please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 06:18