We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome on two wheels

Sandton, South...
1 post
Save Topic
Rome on two wheels

Hi, my family (my husband, myself and my 12yr old son) are travelling to Rome over the Easter week, we would like to do a Vespa tour on one the days.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,572 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome on two wheels

Good luck on not getting run over by the traffic

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome on two wheels

Here's an article on one company that does a scooter tour with a nice description of the sights seen along the route: washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/a-vespa-…

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome on two wheels

I have been to Rome on several occasions and I am an avid and experienced motorcyclist. I WOULD NOT attempt to scooter around Rome.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome on two wheels

I would never suggest the OP family scooter on their own, but they should be fine on a tour where they are passengers with a good tour company.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome on two wheels

@ O.P.: I am a local, and even I would never ever dream about riding a moped in the city centre (or anywhere in Rome, for that matter). Why not take a segway tour instead? Not only it's safer, but it would make for a much more enjoyable experience.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 14:33
6. Re: Rome on two wheels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 06:17