We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got my Scavi confirmation!

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Got my Scavi confirmation!

Just received an email from Scavi giving us spots for the 13.30 tour on June 9, am thrilled to bits! Have emailed them confirming our participation, but am not clear when we pay. Their email says I can pay at their office about 10 mins before the tour, but they also say that they can cancel the tour anytime and refund monies paid. How does this normally work, they haven't asked for credit card details, etc.

One more question. My initial request was for 3 people, then I emailed them again some weeks back giving a longer window and asking for 4 people. They have now confirmed both my requests, same time, same date. My brother-in-law and niece and nephew will be with us and would also like to go on the tour, can I request Scavi to assign them these 3 spots?

We've just booked an early access 8am tour of the Vatican for that morning, followed by the Scavi tour, am so excited I can't wait to get there...

Thanks a ton to all of you, especially Donna, for your patience with me and my queries:)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

You pay when you get there. If they cancel the tour it will usually be at the last minute and then they will refund the money you paid.

If I understand you correctly you now have two bookings for the scavi tour. You can allow your family to use the tour slots you won't use. The kids **must** be at least 15 or they won't be allowed on the tour, and they do check passports.

Be sure to be at the scavi office at least 15 minutes prior to the tour, in proper clothing and without any bags. You can check the bags before going to the office.

I'm glad I could help, have a wonderful time and let us know how it goes.

Donna

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

Nice. That tour was way better than expected for me. If you are not exactly sure where to check in, just ask any guard, they are more than willing to point you in the right direction. Make sure to take plenty of pictures...mental pictures that is, lol.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

If you don't mind, how long did it take them to respond initially? I sent my request two weeks ago for July and still have not heard back.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

When I booked two years ago I was fortunate enough to get a response with my reservation in about a day. Not sure if that's the norm though. Did you get at least a confirmation e-mail that you sent them the request?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,625 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

Is this for Pompeii?

Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

Thanks guys, was worried I'd lose my spots just because I didn't pay in advance! We'd just have finished a tour of the Vatican and should be in St. Peters around 1pm, our guide should be able to give us directions to get to the Scavi office. We'll all have our passports and the "kids" are 21 and 18, so they're good to go.

Labitara, my first request was sent end Nov and the second about 3 weeks back, I didn't receive the confirmation email everyone talks about. But Donna said she'd didn't either but was later alloted a slot, which is what happened with me too. They've got to June now, so maybe it'll take another fortnight or so?

Thanks again, will let you know how it goes...:)

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

@jordonsbulls #5, no it's not for Pompeii, it's the Necropolis/excavations under St. Peters Basilica.

http://www.scavi.va/content/scavi/it.html

Edited: 19 February 2014, 11:07
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

They have just started confirming for June. July should not be too far away. Just be patient. There are only two people working in the office and they get thousands of requests every day for tours.

Neither Prish nor I received a confirmation email. I did get one for the summer slot I requested last June but not for the slot I requested for earlier this month. I was still approved for both visits. I wouldn't worry about getting the email confirmation. Also, be sure to check your spam/junk folder. Sometimes the responses go in there.

Donna

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,625 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

@ ocpony,

Thanks for that. That looks cool, might see if I can fit it in on my trip as well.

10. Re: Got my Scavi confirmation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:18