We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring between Terminals 3 & 1 at Rome Fiumicino

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Transferring between Terminals 3 & 1 at Rome Fiumicino

I will be arriving at Fiumicino T3 on an Alitalia flight from London and departing 2 hours later from Fiumicino T1 on an Alitalia flight to Palermo. My Alitalia ticket is from London to Palermo and I will have a checked-in bag.

Am I correct in believing that I have to exit T3, go to T1 and through its passport control and security for the connecting flight?

What is the quickest way to get from T3 to T1, and what is the approximate time needed to do so?

All information and advice gratefully received!

Pam

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,404 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transferring between Terminals 3 & 1 at Rome Fiumicino

You are arriving from outside Schengen so yes you have to go through Schengen passport controls in order to enter Schengen/Italy.

As far as I recall, you'll arrive in T3 at Gate G or H, and then go through passport control/immigration. Then look for signs to the inter-terminal shuttle (navetta) or the LETTER of your departure gate area - you should already have been issued with your boarding card on departure from London, but it might not show the departure gate which you should in any case check on one of the monitors, in case it has changed. There is a free shuttle that runs every 15 mins or you can walk - via T2 - in 10-12 mins, inside what is essentially the same building (see map on http://www.ifly.com/rome-leonardo-da-vinci-airport/terminal-map). You have time to wait for the shuttle!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transferring between Terminals 3 & 1 at Rome Fiumicino

Thank you for the information - just what I wanted to know!

3. Re: Transferring between Terminals 3 & 1 at Rome Fiumicino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18