We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

Boston...
Level Contributor
161 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

Hello. 2 of us will be arriving from Florence to Termini at 23:35. Our flight the next morning leaves at 7:05 from Terminal 3. If I'm correct, we would need to arrive at the airport at least by 5 a.m., which leaves us a little over 5 hours. If we take a taxi to Termini that late at night, will we be able to get through security to rest near our gate, or does security close at a certain time? Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,983 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

You usually can't check into until 3 hours before a flight so I doubt you will get to your gate to hang out. I'd get a room by Termini or the airport, get a few hours sleep.

Boston...
Level Contributor
161 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

Thanks MomCat1992. We're not wanting to spend money on a room for 5 hours. I don't mind resting at the airport because I know we'll sleep on the plane. There is a website called Sleeping at airports, but haven't found any information there as to whether we can get through security past a certain time at night. Seems like it would be safer resting having gone through security than not.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,351 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

You can't get through security without a boarding pass, and you can't check in for your flight until 3 hours before departure time.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

You may not need to go through security, though, to find a place to rest. I know there are some benches in different areas of the airport, so you should still be able to head right to the airport.

However, Termini does have a lot of commercial businesses. I don't know how many are open 24 hours, but I personally think I'd be more comfortable hanging at Termini than FCO for those few hours.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

After checking the station website (www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp…), it does appear that several places are open 24/7. FYI.

Boston...
Level Contributor
161 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

Thanks everyone. That's where I'm confused, as I was told that Termini closes late at night, through the very early morning hours.

7. Re: Arriving at Termini station late at night, need to go to FCO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:21