We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

Hi, My Hubby, Sister & Bro in law (all in 50's) are planning a trip to Italy in Sep.

So far it goes like this... Vernazza (Cinque Terre, day trip to Portofino) 4 nights. Florence (day trips to Pisa & Lucca) 5 nights. Venice 4/5 nights? Rome 4/5 nights?

Question ...do we spend 4 nights or 5 nights in Venice or 4 or 5 nights in Rome?

We will be visiting both places, but can't decide which place to stay the extra night.

Help please?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,451 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

If it were me I would stay Rome the extra night in case you decide to go to Pompeii.

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

I've been to both Venice and Rome and loved both. Considering the trip you have planned I would spend the extra night in Rome.

Calgary
Level Contributor
703 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

Or do an extra day in Florence and use it for a day trip to Sienna and San Gimignano

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,840 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

No one can tell you unless you tell us what you want to see and do in both cities. I know people suggest adding the time to Rome but if you have more things that interest you in Venice then you should stay there longer. If you give us a list of what you want to see and do for each location we can tell you how many days it should take to do it. Grab a guide book and make lists for each area. This is the best way to determine how long for each area.

Donna

5. Re: Itinerary..Rome & Venice how long in each?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:17