We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

Leigh
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

Hi i am taking my husband to Rome on Friday for a few days and it is our first time in Italy, we are staying at the Artemide hotel. Has anyone stayed in the area, I am interested in finding nice places to eat but reasonable prices.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,523 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

"Reasonable" is what to you? (Everyone has different definition of it)

Level Contributor
1,272 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

Pizzeria 15 euros

Trattoria 20-30

Restaurant: 35 +

That's the cost of an average meal in rome.

What is your budget?

Florida
Level Contributor
191 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

One of the lunch places I really enjoyed in Rome is actually part of an international chain -- Obikà Mozzarella Bar. There were far more locals there than tourists when we dined. We tried the one on Via dei Prefetti at Piazza Firenze, but there's another on Piazza Campo dei Fiori. Both have covered outdoor dining, which is nice if the weather is cooperative.

Leigh
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

My apologies I was thinking about 40 euros for a meal

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

We stayed at the Artemide and were very happy with the hotel but we usually walked a way to get a bite to eat. One place nearby is a place called La Cucina Nazionale, which is about 200 meeters from the front door of the Artemide back in the direction of Termini. We also enjoyed Il Palazzatto at the top of the Spanish Steps.

Leigh
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

Thanks for your reply's can't wait.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

Another good one closer to the Pantheon is Capranica, www.enotecacapranica.it. You can eat lunch in the wine bar, which is a more casual setting than the accompanying restaurant. And very reasonable--but very good--meals can be had at Insalata Ricca, which has multiple locations in Rome.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

We've been to Rome a few times and everytime we have to make a pit stop at Osteria dell' Anima, right outside Piazza Navona. Really tasty food and reasonable prices. Can't wait for this summer when I can sink into their pear and cheese pasta. Mmmm.

9. Re: Reasonable places to eat in Rome.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18