We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

I am travelling with my-family of four in April .We are staying in Via Riccardo Moretti Cassia house.How far is it from main attractions? What is the best way to commute from our residence to main attractions?Which pass we need to buy to save money? Omnia pass with Roma pass or only Roma pass? considering that Omnia Pass is 95 €.Is the travel card included in Omnia Pass useful? we are staying 6 days in Rome?

Thanks

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,840 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

Can you provide a link to your accommodations, that would help for recommendations for the best way to commute.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 16:41
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,809 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

The romapass includes a 3 day transport pass but without knowing where your hotel is it's hard to say if you'll benefit from the pass.

The onmia pass is a huge waste of money. You're better off with just the romapass or paying for entry tickets as you need them. If your kids are under 18 they will get into most sites for free. They will pay the reduced fee at the Vatican museums.

If you need a transport pass you can purchase a three day pass for 16 euros.

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

There are thousands of hotels in Rome, and without knowing the address of your lodging, I wouldn't know the transportation options nearby.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,616 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

OP said staying in "Via Riccardo Moretti Cassia house" - "Cassia house" is on Via Moretti near the junction with Via Cassia and the closest bus stop, Cassia-Moretti, is apparently served by (COTRAL? can't be ATAC!) buses 31, 32, 201, 223 and N25. This is also not far from La Giustiniana railway station, on the FR3 line and within the limits of urban service, which ends 3 stations further on at Cesano di Roma (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR3_(Lazio_regional_railways). OP may therefore be using trains to get to e.g. Roma S. Pietro, Roma Trastevere and Roma Ostiense.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 15:06
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,616 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

OK they are ATAC (Rome city transport) buses, but I was looking at the 31 Clodio-Laurentina bus which is not the same as the one that stops at Cassia-Moretti, which is going from Colonetta to Stazione La Giustiniana: so there are obviously different numbers between central Rome buses and those outside the Circonvallazione.

This is a useful website giving real-time situation of buses from (here) the Cassia-R. Moretti stop: muovi.roma.it/paline/palina/72228…

All the buses concerned, heading towards Rome, will take you to La Giustiniana station where you can take the FR3 train mentioned in #4 to e.g. the S.Pietro stop for the Vatican. Only the 223 (coming from La Storta and going to Verano) takes you anywhere else useful, which would be Tiburtina.

So to answer your questions.

1) "How far is it from main attractions?" A long way! You are at least 10 km from central Rome, which is given as a 20 min drive for the hotels around there (www.booking.com/city/it/la-giustiniana.html). It will take 38 mins by train from La Giustiniana (trains at 16 and 46 mins past the hour on weekdays) to e.g. Roma Ostiense, which is next to Piramide metro station.

2) "What is the best way to commute from our residence to main attractions?" It depends on where you want to go exactly, but you will always be starting with bus (or walk) to La Giustiniana station and train to one of the railway stations in Rome.

3) "Which pass we need to buy to save money?" Roma Pass covers, in addition to the museums etc. mentioned, free use of all ATAC public transport (buses, trams, metro) within the territory of the Municipality of Rome, but NOT the urban FR railway lines operated by Trenitalia. Omnia pass does not cover these either.

A possibility is the "Roma & PIU Pass", which covers: "Free use of the city’s public transport network. It allows to travel on busses, trams, on CO.TRAL S.p.a bus, on metropolitan trains Roma – Lido Roma – Viterbo, Roma – Giardinetti, on metro A and B, ON TRENITALIA s.p.a. TRAINS - 2a classe, on metropolitan train FR1, only to Fiera di Roma station (zone A and zone B)" (http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2). My understanding is that it covers everything (except the airport trains) within zones A and B as listed on here 060608.it/en/trasporti/muoversi-in-citta/in-… - and as Bracciano is beyond La Giustiniana, it would cover the FR3 trains you would be taking.

Subject, I hope, to confirmation by a local (or non-local) expert.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 15:54
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the original question, because I didn't notice the "Via" and thought the whole thing was the name of the guest house.

The Roma & Più Pass is not available at present, and hasn't been for some time. I don't know if or when they think of reinstating it. On the Roma Pass page, they have a small "not available" just below the name.

http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2

For a stay of six days in Rome, so far from the center, I think you should get the CIS weekly pass, which you can buy at metro stations or in tobacco shops. This will cost €24, and will save you money if you make more than 16 trips by FR trains (within the city limits), buses, trams, metro, and urban trains. Children under age 12 ride free, so there's no point in getting a pass for them. Also, children under age 18 enter all state and municipal museums free. This pass doesn't cover museum entrances, but it's the only pass that I think will really save you any money. Most museums and archaeological sites in Rome are fairly reasonably priced, so it would be difficult to get your money's worth from the Roma Pass, and even more difficult with the overpriced Omnia Pass, which I don't think has ever saved any money for anyone.

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

Thanx bvlenci .we will take note of your suggestions!

8. Re: Which pass is better Omnia with Romapass or only roma pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15