We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

alpharetta, ga
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

Does anyone know of a site that has a good map of each of the 7 areas of Rome.?

A separate map of each

I used to have a set of very good one. Can't find them.

Thanks

Liz

Level Contributor
1,268 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

Are there 7 distinct areas in rome?

2. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 17:49
Edited: 15 March 2014, 17:49
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

I have the Eyewitness Travel book for Rome. It has detailed maps of the old city, with walks and sites to see. It divides the area into 16 distinct neighbourhoods..

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

Confusion with the 7 hills? At one point in history, there were 8 rioni but now there are 22 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rioni_of_Rome

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

Mmmh. Seven areas? I'm a resident and - in all honesty - I've never heard of them... as far as I know, the city is divided into of 15 "municipi" (municipalities), which can be further divided into some 40 districts; moreover, the city centre consists of 22 "rioni" (wards) .

Are you looking for a map covering a particular area?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

Are you talking about "The fabled 7 Hills of Ancient Rome (Capitol, Palatine, Esquiline, Viminal, Quirinal, Caelian and Aventine) which were part of the official territory within Rome's administrative borders." Which are now part of the Centro Storico of Rome?

Wadsworth, Ohio
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

I just received the DK Eyewitness Travel 2014 Rome guide book and there is a section in it - Rome Area By Area - and lists "Nine Guided Walks". They are: Via Giulia, Bernini, Mosaics, Triumphal Arches, Tiber, Aventine, Trastevere & Janiculum, and Tombs, Legends & Artists. Perhaps this is what you are thinking about or similar?

(So far, this is a great guide book.)

Wadsworth, Ohio
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

*There are small maps of these areas in the book I mentioned.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

I like the Touring Club maps - I have a bunch of maps of Rome (and other places) because the ones in guidebooks are never very good - (and, I love maps) - the only way you realize that the maps in guidebooks aren't very good is when you have your hands on a really good map and can compare the two.

Don't know if you will find what you are looking for but for good map of Rome:

thesavvytraveller.com/insights/…1home.htm

Scroll down to the maps for the cities

alpharetta, ga
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: map of each of the 7 areas of Rome

No, I don't mean the 7 hills. Years ago, in a book, it gave maps of what it referred to as the 7 major districts of Rome. I believe it incorporated some of the 22 into 7 maps. Used it for years. And, now can't find anything similar. I have a regular pocketbook map that I love, but I found these little maps to be very handy.

May have to make my own.