We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capo d'Africa Hotel

Brisbane
5 posts
Save Topic
Capo d'Africa Hotel

Hi

Has anyone stayed at the Capo d'Africa Hotel with three people in the room? If we booked through HOtel.com - it will allow the three person booking however it doesnt guartnee they will allow 3 people.

we need to book 2 rooms 1 room with three adults and the other with 2 adults and 1 child

can anyone help please...

Best Seller
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,966 reviews
from US$75.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$410.40*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,818 reviews
from US$123.10*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,606 reviews
from US$57.10*
US$63.40
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capo d'Africa Hotel

Hi Aussiegirl06,

I do not know anyone who has stayed at the Capo d'Africa Hotel but it does get good reviews. We had friends staying at the Hotel Lancelot which is right next door to this hotel. It looked very nice as we were walking by. Very lovely, quiet area and near the Colosseum.

Did you try email the hotel directly and asking about 3 persons per room?

May I suggest that you check out the Hotel Lancelot? Here is the Venere website:

www.venere.com/hotel/index.php…

I know that they offer quadruple rooms/suites so they definitely could accommodate you. I think you would be happy there also.

We had dinner at Lancelot one evening w/ our friends that were staying there. It is a very nice facility. Very walkable to all the sights also.

You can also email the Lancelot directly or check out their website.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capo d'Africa Hotel

Here is the Lancelot website:

http://www.lancelothotel.com/index.htm

Good luck.

We booked a hotel through Venere and were very satisfied w/ their services. You don't pay until you check out.

I believe the prices would be the same if you booked directly w/ Lancelot. They can arrange airport pickups for you also.

Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Capo d'Africa Hotel

Just back from the Capo d'Africa with three people so I can answer this one.

I know those booking sites are really confusing regarding triple reservations. It's never really clarified. We booked through baholidays.com. We 've booked with them previously and never had a problem and their prices are good so check them out for the d'Africa before you book elsewhere. Here's what their confirmation looked like:

Hotel CAPO D AFRICA TRAVELLED

Location Rome

Check-in/out Monday, July 31, 2006 - Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Room type STANDARD - Single/Twin with Continental Breakfast

Occupancy 2 adults 1 child

While these sites don't appear to be too specific I think if the one you book through is well-recognized, you shouldn't have a problem. When I looked at hotels.ca and entered searches for triples they'd come up with a standard room which - if you continue through the process - clarifies later on that it's for 3 people. If it comes up with standard room but then says "exceeds maximum people allowed" they are saying you'd have to book two double standards or one double and one single.

Maybe write them directly to confirm?

As for the Capo, we had a great stay. The location is good if you love the Colliseum/Forum. We got a little tired of trudging back there every night, however, and started taking cabs. Otherwise it's a pretty quiet little street. There's a great father and son pizza place around the cornor if you come home and need a little something. It's wonderful to sit on the terrace for breakfast and look out over the Colliseum. We stayed two times: the first time we were on the second floor and really loved the large triple room. Very spacious and nicely appointed. It had a king and a portable bed which was not too uncomfortable for our 14 year old, but an adult may have found it a bit "child-like". Air conditioning was fair, not great, which is typical in Italy.

The second time we were in Room 111 which was NOT as good. Awkward layout and much smaller (and not as nicely maintained) bathroom so it felt a little claustrophobic. I know you may not have a choice in the matter but thought you should know that they do vary in quality. Since we paid the same for both we were a bit disappointed with the second one.

Otherwise nice hotel. Staff okay, though nothing could compete with our fantastic experience at Locanda Orseolo in Venice which makes everything else look inferior.

Hope that helps a bit. We've just returned but if I get a chance I'll post pics of the two rooms on the review area for you.

4. Re: Capo d'Africa Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 16:17