We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport

Minnesota
Level Contributor
140 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
passport

Hi I know some countries require a certain length of validity on your passport but can't find that information on Italy. does anyone know if a passport that will expire 4 months after my trip will be ok?'Thanks

NY
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport

You cannot get an official answer from a travel forum, but in looking at both US and Italian embassy information it appears 3 months beyond your stay (leaving Italy date) for US citizens

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport

It is 3 months beyond your stay (leaving Italy), make sure your passport is stamped when you enter!!! I've been waved through and had to ask to be stamped, otherwise you would have to prove when you entered (if asked).

…state.gov/content/…country.html

3. Re: passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:34