We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome hotels with balcony

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rome hotels with balcony

I am looking for a hotel in Rome preferably in the center of the city, Piazza Navona or Pantheon area. There are so many and I am overwhelmed. Everything seems to be out of my price range of $200 during October. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,648 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

What is your budget? $200 USD or AUD? or Canadian dollars? - you don't' say where you're from. If it's USD I just did a quick check and that's 144 euro per night. Australian dollars is worse - 131 euro per night.

The area your speaking of is expensive for a reason - it's location - and hotels with balconies/terraces tend to command premium prices. Try using venere.com, key in your budget and see what comes up.

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Sorry for the confusion American dollars, thank you

Hampshire ,England
Level Contributor
576 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Are you just looking for the one night? We used Sleep in Italy to find an apartment because we needed a balcony. We got a fab location and two balconies although one was horrid and looked out on everyone else's air conditioning units. The other was a lovely sun trap overlooking the roofs of our neighbours.

At least with an apartment you know what you're getting. Rooms vary a lot in a single hotel.

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

I am right now going back and forth deciding if I want to do a hotel or apartment in rome, already doing an apartment in Florence and I really think I'm going to have to stick with the apartment for Rome as well because balconies are too hard to find. This was kind of my last attempt to find one in Rome

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

You may like to look at holiday-rentals.co.uk. We rented a very nice apartment from them last may although not in the area you prefer,as it was near the Vatican at 90 Euros a night.

Regards

Jann 58

North York Moors...
Level Contributor
271 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Hi there :) We're booked into the Althea Inn in Testacchio area,literally minutes away from the Metro. 125 euros per night,but that's at Easter. Each room has a private terrace. And it has excellent reviews on here. Hope you get sorted.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Balconies are somewhat of a rarity in the historical centre - you know, the houses are smaller, the streets narrower and so forth; however, they might come with a terrace and some hotels (don't know which ones though) have one.

BTW, "Testaccio" is spelt without H. :-)

Edited: 22 March 2014, 12:22
North York Moors...
Level Contributor
271 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Ah,thankyou Quirite! Testaccio :) Have you any tips or info about that area please? As I said,we will be staying at Althea Inn on Via Conciatorri(? I KNOW I've spelt that wrongly!) Thankyou in advance :)

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Sure... as far as restaurants are concerned, I'd recommend Checchino dal 1887 (via del Monte di Testaccio, 30, right in front of the old slaughterhouse); also, you might like to buy something to eat at the local market which is located near the aforementioned restaurant. Don't go to Volpetti (on via Marmorata, 47) it's a pretentious grocery selling food at outrageous prices; the pizzeria round the corner, called Volpetti Più, is no better.

The old slaughterhouse itself is nowadays home to the MACRO museum, check it out. Also, the Centrale Montemartini is definitely worth a visit (the ancient statues contrast nicely with the 19th-century power plant in which the museum is located). The pyramid of Caius Cestius, whose renovations are now coming to an end, and the adjacent Protestant Cemetery (people of the calibre of Keats, Shelley and Gramsci are buried there) should IMHO be visited... the cemetery is actually very quiet and well-kept.

As for the district itself, well, is not something I'd call "quaint" - if you're looking for picturesque spots, go to Trastevere or the historical centre; however, unlike these two areas Testaccio is still very local.

BTW, that street's name is "via dei Conciatori". There should also be plenty of nightlife around so have fun! ;-)

Edited: 22 March 2014, 14:34
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome hotels with balcony

Although this thread is 3 yrs old, the link in Post #1 has current reviews:

tripadvisor.com/…30964826

Edited: 22 March 2014, 14:53