We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

I hope someone can help with the following questions - I have tried an online search and a search in this forum but can't find the answers.

I will be visiting Rome next weekend with my son who is a 20 year old student. Since will will be visiting a number of sites which are covered by the pass, and will be using public transport, I have decided the pass is worth it for me. However, am I right that there is no concession for purchasing the pass for him. Since he gets half price admission to the museums I assume the pass is only worth it for me.

Secondly, we plan to visit the Palazzo Massimo first but notice that the entry for the Museo Nazionale Romano is only 7 euros, which is much cheaper than the Borghese and the Colosseum. Am I right in thinking that I can just pay full price for the first museum and save my two free entrances for the Borghese and Colosseum.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,986 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

If you don't show your Roma Pass, then of course you can pay full price at the first museum.

But if you are visiting next weekend, you may well find that the Borghese is fully booked. It takes only a limited number of people every 2 hours. See galleriaborghese.it/borghese/en/edefault.htm or call 011 39 06 32810

You don't have to buy the Roma Pass for transport: there are 1-day and 3-day travel tickets available.

England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

Many thanks for your quick response. I have checked and there are tickets available at the times we want. However, since I would be using a Roma pass and my son will be paying a concession price, it seems there is no option to book these tickets online.

Help!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,986 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

No: you have to phone for a booking. Use the number I gave.

England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

Thanks again for this. My son is living in Italy, so I'll get him to call.

Much appreciated

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

Be aware the concessionary fee isn't always half price. For the colosseum it's 7.50 and not 6 which would be half price.

donna

6. Re: A couple of Roma pass questions - can't find using search

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16